top of page
IT'S EASY THEY SAY...HARD SELTZER WATER
Ingredients for a 5-gallon Batch: 4# Dextrose (corn sugar), 4oz Yeast Nutrient, Champagne yeast (EC-1118), 30+ Flavorings of your choosing! (Click here for Flavorings)
- Heat 3 Gallons water in 20qt (or bigger) SS pot.
- Raise temperature of water to 190 F. - Blend 4# of Dextrose and 4oz yeast nutrient in SS Pot
- Stir and take off heat.
- Once ingredients are blended, put pot back on heat until it reaches a boil.
- Boil ingredients for 20-minutes.
- After boil, use 1-bag of ice to cool wort.
- Rack wort over to a bottling bucket, with spigot, and keep cooling until 70F. - Top off wort to 5-gallons
- Rack wort to primary carboy, or bucket.
- Take Gravity
- Add in yeast. Bung and airlock your fermenter.
- Wort should be ready within 5-7-days. Keep temperature at approx 70F for best fermentation
- Rack wort to bottling bucket
- After 1-gallon, add 5oz of dextrose (boiled in 2-cups of water and cooled) to your bottling bucket and rack the rest on top.
- Add in flavoring. Start with 2 oz, stir, then taste. Add more flavoring in if you want more flavor. Remember, you can always add more in, but you can’t take it out!
- Rack to sanitized bottles.
- Cap and wait 7-14-days for full carbonation.
- Rack wort to keg
- Add flavoring to taste
- Carbonate and enjoy
Hard Seltzer: Features
bottom of page